CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 14

stairwell accompaniment:Glen Hansard, Damien Rice, Ray Lamontagne, Snow Patrol, Eddie Vedder with some Patty Griffin!

A new look! A fresh! exciting! look for the onset of grey days in Ohio. My beloved autumn has nearly come to an end.

We've been busy around here lately. I'm finishing my pediatric rotation, Josh is finishing his grad school class. We're praying and planning an extended trip to Central/South America for spring. Surveying our possessions and deciding what's worth carrying across the country. I'm running. Faster and slowing down in between. With warm drinks and good books, soft blankets and soulful music. We're helping to start a house church here in our neighborhood! Making new friends and missing far-off ones.

I'm celebrating tradition and nostalgia and smiling moments with a list of enjoyables:
Dietrich Bonhoeffer
josh's german accent
costa rica and peru!
matcha green tea
the last days of outside running
this american life!
into the wild soundtrack
truth and grace and truth
lists
zebra t-shirt
imperfection
bears beats battlestar galactica!
my husband of inventions
white lilies
trying to journal. imperfectly.

Recent photography has been bleak: Us. And the last leaves of fall from our windows(for me more than you).



i thank You God for most this amazing
day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;and for everything
which is natural which in infinite which is yes

(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday; this is the birth
day of life and of love and wings;and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)

how should tasting touching hearing seeking
breathing any-lifted from the no
of all nothing-human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)
--e.e. cummings

1 comments:

Kristi said...

Tag...you're it! (check my blog)